Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Out with the old...

...in with the new... mattress, that is.  I finally went and bought a new mattress the other day after Jason woke up one morning and finally admitted that his back hurting was from the mattress.  A few weeks ago, I tried telling him the mattress was bad and that was why his back was hurting, but he didn't believe me... but he finally realized it this week!  SO... I went to Mattress King and bought a Perfect Sleeper Serta mattress and box spring set.  Our old mattress and box springs were SOOOO old, it was ridiculous.  We were the 4th set of people that had been on them, so I think it was about time to get rid of them.  Last night was the first night on the new mattress, and I definitely slept WAY better than I have been lately.
In other news, I just got back from my doctor's appointment... just a checkup.  The baby's heartbeat was around 151 or so, and the doctor said "it's a very strong heartbeat"... so that was good.  He measured my belly, and said I'm measuring big (no surprise), and by measurements I would be around 17 weeks (I'm actually 15, almost 16 weeks).  I let him know my family has a history of big babies, and mentioned I was 10 pounds and the record in the family was 10 lbs. 7 oz, so he was like, "so you guys grow them right!"  Hahah... that made me laugh.  I've only gained 2 pounds this month, so that was nice to know too, because I've intentionally not been weighing myself at home because I don't want to be worried about how much I'm weighing really... just as long as it's not too much. ;)  Next appointment is in 3 weeks, and we'll have our big ultrasound!!!  YAY!  They also told us to bring a VHS tape and they can record the ultrasound, so for all you people in Washington, we'll have something fun to show you when we're up there in May!  :)  

No comments: