Well, if you haven't already heard, then you are behind!!! We are having a BOY! Here's the gender picture... it's pretty obvious! Do you like how she labeled it with such excitement?!

These pictures are a slight bit more blurry on here than the originals... I had to scan them, but you can still see what everything is. This is the full body. His left hand is up by his head nose and mouth, and his right arm is the VERY white line across the back of his head... so he has both of his arms up.

Another body shot, closer up... and you can see his left hand better, as well as his right hand kind of waving. He's not actually sucking his thumb, but it's just up by his head. He was moving around some when she was taking the pictures... Jason was pretty impressed by that.

And another full baby shot.

And then there's his feet. He has some VERY long feet, in my opinion... but he's measuring right where he should be right now.

So that's the news... and here's the full story of how the morning went (mostly for my own remembrance!).
I woke up at 7 in order to be able to drink my 18-24 ounces of water they want you to drink an hour before the appointment. I am not a fan of eating or drinking anything when I first wake up... nothing tastes good, so I pretty much had to gag down breakfast and all that water... and then I felt waterlogged. Well, we got to the doctor's office right at 8, which was our scheduled appointment time, and I already felt like I was going to pee my pants! At 8:15, they finally called us back. She started trying to look for the baby, but my bladder was TOO full, so she told me to empty a bit by counting to 20 (at a decent speed) and then stopping. Who can stop once they start going?! That was pretty darn hard, but it helped me a little bit... so back out I went to the table. She then proceeded to take a TON of pictures of everything you could think of for their records, including about 10-15 pictures of his heart. We could see all 4 chambers of his heart and it beating; Jason thought that was pretty neat because he had never seen a beating heart before. The baby's heart rate was 134, so he was pretty calm today... the first time we heard it it was 161, and last time it was 154. I think he was still sleeping when she tested his heart rate, and didn't wake up until she was done with her pictures and turned on the videotape to show us the gender. Yes, we have a videotape of him moving a bit, and her showing us his gender. We were worried at first because his spine was faced toward us, but she got him to turn around while she was taking all of her pictures. As soon as Jason saw the obvious boy-ness, he threw his hands over his head and said "wahoo" in excitement... too bad we didn't have a video of that because it was pretty funny. So anyway, that was our morning, and we're pretty darn excited and in love with that little guy. I think Jason was amazed to actually see something in there though. ;)
2 comments:
Yeah, that is the point where the Dad's finally realize there is something alive inside you! Just wait until he feels him kick for the first time. That one took Ben by surprise! Then they get a little grossed out towards the end when your whole belly moves around. It's a lot of fun though!
Congrats!!! I swear everyone I know including me is having a boy!! Thankfully I never had to drink a water tower!! I would have pee'd my pants or I would have just gone!! haha Once my scanner gets here I'm going to be able to finally post my pics of little Gavin!! It's exciting. Now if Sept. would only get her tomorrow I'd be ecstatic!!
Post a Comment