Sunday, July 26, 2009

A bit close for comfort!!

Last night we had a very large storm... it lasted seemingly forever.  I woke up at about 230am the first time, and at 630 it was still going.  Anyway, that's besides the point... it was a big storm.  At 330am, Jason and I woke up, or rather, were jolted awake, by a HUGE thunder/lightning combo.  We thought for certain it hit a tree next to the house, but we couldn't find any evidence.  I kind of think it hit the house, because when I woke up this morning, there was one outlet and switch in the house that had to be reset... but only one.  VERY strange, because we never lost power to anything else in the house, just that one outlet.  So yeah, that lightning strike was WAY too close for comfort.  Jason and I both jumped in bed when we woke up from it, and I couldn't fall back asleep for quite awhile because my adrenaline was pumping.  Of course, with my adrenaline pumping, the baby decided to be awake for awhile too.  Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep last night, and I have to go back to work tomorrow. :(

2 comments:

Debbie said...

We watched a thunder/lightening show last night here in El Paso, too -- well, it was in the distance, probably over New Mexico. Everyone was hoping for rain here since it's been very dry; finally got just a tiny bit.
Are either of your dogs "thunder chickens?"

Rachel and Jason said...

I don't think either of them are really afraid of the thunder. Taco barked at it, but just that once when it was REALLY close, otherwise it doesn't bother him. Tucker was in his crate, and I don't remember him having any sort of reaction to it.