Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Baby Update

I had another doctor's appointment yesterday.  I didn't post anything after my appointment last week because nothing had changed, so there wasn't much of an update.  Well, yesterday I was 1 cm dilated, although my cervix had not thinned out at all... but at least SOMETHING changed!  I've been feeling it a bit more lately, it's been harder to walk because my pelvis has been hurting pretty bad, so I knew something had to have changed, but I was told the baby was still pretty high (the doc could barely feel him).  They did a quick ultrasound check to make sure he really is head down, and he is... he just hasn't felt like coming down a whole lot yet.  Well, today I woke up with some pretty bad back pains and some very strong feet in my right ribs!  My ribs were hurting so bad if I moved AT ALL, so I had to push him away from there before I could move.  As you can probably tell, I'm not at work today... I'm in too much pain to think about work, even though I know I'll be in more pain later on, my threshold for pain at work has been maxed out! :)  So that's where things are at. 
Last night at birth class I was having contractions that were like 15-20 minutes apart the entire time, but when I went to bed, I was still able to sleep through most of them, so I don't know how consistent they stayed.  Now today they're more up to like 30-45 minutes apart, but still pretty consistently there.  We'll see how long this takes! ;) 
I'll post pictures a little later... I need to get dressed and look somewhat decent before I let anyone take a picture of me today!

5 comments:

Dayna said...

2 things:
Water! You need to drink water--even if it causes you to potty every 10 minutes.
Hot bath or shower (I am not a bather)...
If you do those 2 things and the contractions don't lessen, it is probably real. If you do those 2 things, and the uterus relaxes some, then good! Your uterus is relaxing, and so can you...
You could have a very long 2 weeks otherwise.

Debbie said...

Back pain is what got Gramma Putnam to the doctor when she had Gramma Maragaret and Maurine. She complained of back pain and her mother (or mom-in-law, not sure which) said "how often are your 'back pains?'" and she recognized it as labor. With no ultrasound, the twin part was a surprise, of course.

Tiffany Fackrell said...

I had the WORST back labor with Cambree, so I hope that is not a forshadowing of what's to come. Good Luck with it all you will do great and have a cute little bundle of joy when it is all over with!!

Jon and Amy Duvall said...

Alright... so I totally didn't even know you were pregnant! Congrats!! I bet you've had the baby already too! Good luck and I can't wait to see pictures!

Rachel and Jason said...

Haha Amy, no, still no baby... he's stubborn! :) I'm due Friday, and I have a doc appointment this afternoon, so we'll see what the doc says! We're pretty impatient waiting for him to get his little bum here!!