Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Tell me something good!!

I had another baby appointment yesterday, as well as our 3rd of 6 birth classes.  Nothing much happened at the doctor's appointment.  Everything's fine, but the doctor said we might need some dynamite lol.  I'm not dilated at all, not even thinned out really, and according to him the baby hasn't even dropped all that much (although I disagree because he's definitely hitting my hips a lot more and I can't get comfortable anymore)!!  So yeah, he said "start praying for some dilation"... and I agree because I'm ready to have this kid out here!!
Our birth class was... interesting, to say the least.  The guys got to put the pregnancy belly on, but it was only a 25 pound belly, which including the weight of the breasts, and the belly really wasn't all that big, so I don't think it did the real thing justice!  Sorry, no pictures... Jason didn't want to put the belly on unless I promised not to take pictures.  We also learned more breathing patterns and ways to relax during a contraction, which I'm hoping I'll be able to remember (at least a little bit) during the whole thing!
Anyway, half way through the birth classes... 3 to go, and 3 weeks and 2 days until the due date!  I still want him to come early though...

2 comments:

Ben, Kelli, Nicholas and Eli said...

I had an appointement the Wednesday before Nicholas was born. The Dr. said no dialation but I was just starting to soften. I went into labor on my own and had him the next Monday (9 days before due date) So, things change fast and it is different for everyone. He will come out when he is good and ready!

Cassie D said...

I didn't even start to dialate until 2 days before I went into labor. Don't worry he'll be here when he's supposed to be.