Thursday, September 4, 2008

Road Trip!

So far, I have been sent 2 pictures from Jason through text message.  The picture quality isn't the best, but like I said, they are from the phone.
The first one is of Taco sitting on his blanket in the car, all nice and comfy... just ready for his ride... he LOVES the car!
Photobucket
This next picture, however, is not so happy.  My car has decided not to be so nice to Jason this trip.  It locked the keys in the car by itself once, but luckily that was at my parents' house, so he just had to wait for me to get there since I was driving a couple hours behind him.  Now, almost to Billings, MT, it decided the front right tire had enough... which explains the picture.
Photobucket
As of the last time I talked to him, he couldn't get the lug nuts off, but some man had pulled over to see if he needed help, so maybe they can get it together.  Of course, I had packed the trunk nice and full, so he had to unpack it all to get to the spare donut tire... I guess it's a good thing the Army pays us for mileage and whatnot, because now we have to get at least 1 new tire!  GRR... I feel bad...

4 comments:

The Graham Family! said...

wow.. thats not fun! Thanks for the congrats by the way! Good luck on your new journey in a new place!

Ben, Kelli, Nicholas and Eli said...

I think you're supposed to buy new tires BEFORE driving 2000 miles. I had a flat tire in Montana on the way back from Kansas once. Jason should be glad it wasn't monsoon-style raining on him like it was for me.

Dayna said...

I agree with Ben, or Kelli. I think you are supposed to get new tires before you leave. Better check Jason's truck tires too, before you head out. Good Taco doesn't mind car rides though, or else it could be a VERY long trip.
Let's all pray for a better second half of the country/trip.

Rachel and Jason said...

Yeah, I know... but I didn't think my tires were that bad, and apparently Jason didn't think to even check them, so it's his fault too. ;)