Sunday, October 12, 2008

Friends and Family

Over the past couple weeks, I've been taking random pictures around the house and whatnot, so I thought I'd share a few.  
Jason and Taco decided to take a nap one day... I thought it was cute.  Jason REALLY likes his recliner, and Taco likes taking naps too!
Taco likes looking out the glass door in the front of the house, and one day he was going nuts with excitement.  I usually attribute that to the fact that there's a squirrel outside, but this day, I got up to find a new little friend.
Apparently we have bunnies!  So then I let Taco out to chase him.  We also have quite a few robins, but this was the best picture I could get of one because they don't hold still very long!
As for family, yesterday Jason and I went up to Lafayette, Tennessee to meet Jason's paternal grandparents for the first time.  Not only was it MY first time meeting them, but it was also HIS first time meeting them, so it was somewhat nerve-racking for the both of us!  Luckily, Josh, Shannon, and their boys went up there with us.  Here I am with our nephew Garrett.
Then Garrett wanted to take a picture of us... it didn't turn out too bad for a 4 year old!
Garrett also took this picture, once again, not too bad...  Papa Wayne and Mammer (Patsy), as well as their dog Bandit.  You can see Gavin in his little walker thing too... he really knows how to move in it!!
Papa Wayne wanted a picture with Gavin... Wayne Kemp and Gavin Wayne Kemp.
This isn't a very good picture, but I still like it.  Jason's hold our nephew Gavin while Garrett was talking, and Papa Wayne on the side too.
Josh, Jason, Gavin, and Papa Wayne.
Mammer and Jason.  She's in SUCH good shape for her age, and she's the sweetest little lady ever.
Josh managed to get Papa Wayne to sign this CD for Jason... and he signed it "Grandpa Wayne".  Jason was SO excited to see it say Grandpa Wayne... it's going to be put in a shadowbox (probably with a few pictures) and put in the living room somewhere.
By the time we started taking more formal pictures instead of just candids, it was pretty late and Papa Wayne was sleeping.  When we make it back up there, we'll get some more pictures of everyone together!  Oh yeah, and Jason has an open invitation to hunt on Papa Wayne and Mammer's land whenever he wants to... he's already planning on going up there every weekend. We were up there ALL day yesterday, from about 930 to 845.  Jason and Josh went and shot their guns out back and took Garrett with them, then later Jason and Josh wandered around looking for squirrels to hunt while us girls stayed at the house and chatted.  Josh is excited to learn how to hunt from Jason since he's never done it before... aren't brothers great?!   All the pieces seem to be falling into place.  Jason's really happy about how things are going, and so am I. :)  It was a GREAT day and I'm sure there will be many more!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Jason gets to teach his older brother how to hunt? How cool is that? They will have a good time with that.

Rachel and Jason said...

Yeah exactly. It'll be good for both of them!