Saturday, October 18, 2008

Jack-O-Lantern?

Jason and I decided we had to carve pumpkins this year because we've never done it together, and it's always a good time... plus, you get to have pumpkin seeds!!  So we invited Josh, Shannon, and the kids over to carve pumpkins Friday night.  I lined the tables in freezer paper for easy clean up (and that was a good thing!!).  Here's all the tools I bought for it... those two books have patterns in them.
Jason, Josh, and Shannon carving pumpkins.  Josh just helped Jason gets his seeds sorted, and yet Shannon and I were done getting our seeds sorted before the guys were... and we each had out own pumpkins!!
You can see what Gavin did the entire time in the background... that walker is GREAT... although Taco is quite afraid of it!
Garrett wasn't too sure about the whole pumpkin guts thing.  He didn't want to reach into the pumpkin and touch the gooey stuff, so he just watched while drinking his chocolate milk.  I think next year he'll want to actually do it all.
More carving... and Josh in camo in the back... more to come about that.
My finished pumpkin.  It's the first time I've ever done a pattern on a pumpkin, and it didn't turn out too bad, except that its nose broke off because the piece of pumpkin holding it on was really thin... oops.  I still think it looks good.

Jason and his winking pumpkin.  He was going to do a pattern and then decided just to go simple. :)
Gavin in his walker.  He was pretty tired and I was surprised he lasted as long as he did!
This is slightly out of order, but oh well.  Before we carved pumpkins, Jason and Josh went to Walmart to buy another pumpkin and some other stuff.  Jason also bought a muzzleloader for Josh (the one he's holding here).  However, Jason didn't bother to tell Josh it was for him until they got back to the house, and Josh's face was PRICELESS when he did tell him.  Jason got it for Josh as an early Christmas present and a thank you for all he's done for him this past month... taking him in as family like they were never apart, and helping him get to know everyone... so yeah.  Thanks Josh!! :)
After Josh admired his gun for awhile and had to keep himself from crying, Jason took him down to his camo area where he keeps all of his hunting stuff and camo clothes.  Josh wanted to get out of his work clothes, so Jason put him in this.  As Garrett told Shannon and I, "Uncle Jason is picking out daddy a outfit."  Haha.
Josh wore that the rest of the night, and also yesterday when they went hunting and shooting up at Mammer and Papa Wayne's again.
At the end of the night, Gavin finally got tired, so I had to get my baby fix. :)
And a picture of Taco for good measure... with green eyes.
The evening was really fun and we're glad they got to come see where we live... and more times like that will happen in the future!!

PS  We met Andy Griggs today... as in THE country singer Andy Griggs.  They sat behind us at church.  He's a cool guy and we talked to them for quite awhile about Washington and whatnot since his wife is from there.  Crazy to think of a famous person that goes to our church... and I'm sure he's not the only one... just the only one we've noticed so far lol.

No comments: