Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I got my second deer

I (Jason) went hunting again today to see if I could bag another one for meat or maybe a buck if I was lucky.   It was a nice day cool and no wind.  I took some pictures of the land near where I hunt so everyone can see leaves and the color and you see why this is my favorite time of year.


This is my second deer this season.  I thought it was a doe when I shot it.  But it's actually a buck and you can see its antlers just coming up.  Had I know it was a young buck I wouldn't have shot it but the deer steaks will be good.

From Rachel:  Speaking of deer steaks... we had some good ones from the other deer for dinner tonight!  YUM!!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Who cuts and wraps these for you? Jason, or does someone else do it?

Rachel and Jason said...

The processor here in town does it. Jason will do it if we make jerky... maybe... but he doesn't have a rope to be able to hang it. The processor is $66 for the standard cut, and if we decide to get jerky, it'll be $99... but hey, it's A LOT of meat, and we couldn't get that much meat for that price otherwise!

Debbie said...

Very reasonable ...