There was a BUNCH of excitement, including the fire alarm going off at 830 am, requiring the evacuation of well over 1200 people. After THREE HOURS in the rain, we were finally able to re-enter the hotel. Turns out, someone was stupid enough to call in a bomb threat, so after the hotel was completely evacuated, the bomb squad and whoever else had to go to EVERY ROOM (all 27 floors of rooms) and make sure it was safe. I and several other people from my office went to Kroger's and then to breakfast at Burger King while we waited to hear that we could come back. After that... everything was thrown off for the rest of the day yesterday, but we still managed to get all the speakers in... there will just be a lot of sick people from standing in the rain for awhile!
So yeah, I'm still alive. :) I don't have any pictures because of my sweet tea vs. camera incident, however, my new camera came while I was gone, so I'll have pictures again soon!! YAY!!!
1 comment:
Glad to hear you are enjoying your job. How are things going with the families you have met so far? Hopefully taking over their cases will be a smooth transition!
Post a Comment