Thursday, January 29, 2009

No more for me!

Jason and I went to Cracker Barrel last night.  We love Cracker Barrel because it's pretty cheap for the amount of food you get!  Anyway, I decided to try their new bread bowl with beef stew in it, and Jason got one of the pancake breakfasts.  I got macaroni and cheese with my meal... well, let's just say that didn't excite me all that much.  Usually, I can eat mac and cheese just fine, but last night, I took one bite of it and thought I was going to hurl.  I don't know if it was the texture, the fact that I had a glass of sweet tea before eating anything, or just the baby, but I almost wasn't able to eat ANY of my food!  I forced myself to eat some beef stew, and once I started eating that, everything got better.  So now I know I'm not going to try mac and cheese the rest of my pregnancy... at least not for awhile... just in case!

4 comments:

The Graham Family! said...

Oh my gosh! Pregnancy does weird things to your taste buds! I have always loved chocolate.. any kind! But since this pregnancy m&m's and hershey kisses disgust me. I have no idea why! I bought a bag once of peanut m&m's and was all excited and put one in my mouth and started gagging. Weirdness.

Susan said...

Just so you know, your baby "widget" looks like an ugly mole. I hope the real thing is a whole lot cuter! Wish I could be there to help you indulge your crazy cravings!

Rachel and Jason said...

Haha... thanks Susan! Hurt my feelings, why don't ya?! ;) Just kidding... it'll be way cuter than a mole!!!

The Root Family said...

It's definitly the pregnancy. I'm having a hard time eating most foods period. I'm so sick all the time, but I realized weather I'm hungry or not, if I have some type of food in my stomach at all times I'm just fine, however, NOTHING sounds good to me so I have to force myself to eat something. I'm so glad I have someone to share this stuff with and knows exactly what I'm going through being that we are only a week apart in our pregnancy!!