Lisa and Kit were here for a good 4 hours or so, and right as we were finishing dessert, we heard a knock on our door. Jason got up, looked through the peep hole and said "oh, it's the Mormons!" Then he proceeded to open the door.
Just like Jason said, it was two missionaries... and they greeted us by saying "yes, as you announced, the Mormons are here!" HAHAHA... I've NEVER heard a missionary say that, it was actually pretty funny... because usually they're pretty proper when first meeting and greeting people door to door, but I think Jason's statement caught them off guard and they didn't know what they were going to say when he opened the door. After talking to them a little bit, we went back to our 4 person conversation, just joking about Jason's OH IT'S THE MORMONS statement... because really, it was kind of funny... I don't know, maybe you had to be there.
(And for those of you that are my Mormon friends, I hope you take no offense to this... we were making fun of Jason's comment more than anything, and I respect all of you guys quite a bit, or I wouldn't read your blogs!) ;)
5 comments:
haha I think thats way funny! I don't know why anyone would get offended by that! We do the same thing when it's the JW people! haha.
oh ymmm...did u save some for me????
Haha Portia... I think it's going to be gone by the end of today... it turned out really good, but I can give you the recipe if you want it!
Rachel, looks like you're really going domestic! That's quite a fancy lattice top on that yummy cobbler. I'll have to get you a copy of the cookbook I finally finished editing. It'll be out next month. Sneak peak: www.thefoodnanny.com. Happy cooking and eating!
One of Danelle's new favorite activities is to look at blogs of people she knows, click on the pictures to make them big, then hit the back arrow, find another picture and do it again...
Yesterday, when she clicked on your dessert to make it big, she said, "What is that?" I said it was a special dessert that Auntie Rachel made. She said, "Maybe next time we see Auntie Rachel, we can have some of that. Kay?"
I thought it was funny. But told her maybe not, just to protect Rachel from endless "whys" for why she isn't getting any special dessert...
Post a Comment