Friday, August 29, 2008

Projects of mine...

A few weeks back, Jason was complaining that all of his pants had at least one pocket with holes in them.  He wanted to go buy new pants, which seemed dumb to me since there wasn't anything wrong with them except the pockets, so I told him to buy me a sewing machine and his pockets would be fixed.  Look what I got:
It's the Project Runway version, and I LOVE using it.  I did pretty good fixing his pockets (no keys or change on the floor now), even though the pockets are a little funny-shaped at times. ;)  At least no one else sees the pockets, so only we know. :)
My other project is a side table.  I found this table downstairs at Papa's house after Gramma passed away, and it was in the pile to be thrown away or burned.  I decided it was going to be my pet project, and I finally got started on it.  It's upside down in these first pictures, but that's because I was working on it!  Here is the table after I sanded it.

Here is the table after I primed it.
I thought I had a picture after I had painted it, but apparently not.  I would go take a picture of it, but it's on a truck on it's way to Tennessee, so you'll have to wait. ;)  The top will eventually be tiled by me as well, so that should be interesting, but I'm realizing how much I like little crafty projects like this.  It's fun to do.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rachel, it's great to see what you're doing with that table. Can't wait to see the finished version, with a tile top! I don't know where in the world that table originally came from, but I'm glad it's being put to good use.

Rachel and Jason said...

I'm not completely sure where it came from either, but I have a feeling it might have been one of the ones Gramma put a piece of fabric over and just used the top (like in the living room or something). She put the plywood top on it as you can probably tell, but that gives it that much more space for the top. I'm pretty excited to use it in our living room!! I already know it's going to be sitting between our recliners!

Debbie said...

Sewing and furniture refinishing ... you are becoming so domestic ...

Papa told me today that he thinks the table was his mother's at one time.

Anonymous said...

ok so I waannnnaaa see it when its all done! So I decided your hired jake has lots of pants that need patched lol!!!