Saturday, May 16, 2009

Catching up.... with catfish!

On April 25th, Jason and I decided to go to a pay lake east of here.  It was like $4 each for us to fish all day long, and if we caught anything, we could either throw it back, or pay a certain amount per pound to keep them.  Well, here was our set up.

There wasn't much shade because the trees planted around the lakes were still small, so we found what shade we could, and then moved as the shade moved. :)  
I caught the first catfish.  Yes, I was doing my best to stay cool that day... it was hotter than what I'm used to still...
A while later, Jason caught his first one.
Turns out, I only caught one... and Jason caught the rest.  This is the biggest one he caught.  He also had two that got off the line right next to the shore, and one other one that broke his line, so I'm sure it was pretty big.
Here's the fish we caught... I think there were 5, although it looks like there are only 4 in the picture.  We had some catfish fillets the next day, and I froze the rest of the fillets for later.  YUM!

I'm sure we'll do it again sometime, or maybe go jugging for catfish instead sometime this summer... we'll see.  Unfortunately, catfish bite better at night, so I probably won't do much of it with Jason because I like my sleep and so does the baby!

No comments: