Saturday, May 16, 2009

WA Baby Shower

While we were in Washington last week, my sister in law threw a baby shower for me.  It was her third one in something like a month or two, so she's been busy with them, and most of the people there had been to all of them.  She had a rough time coming up with some new and different games, but I think she did just fine!  Thanks Kelli!  Here is the cake... yummy.


This was one of the games we played.  It was a game where the hostess puts different candy bars inside baby diapers and then melts the candy bars, so then they get passed around in order for people to try to guess what candy bar is in each one.  It just looks really strange to watch everyone inspect what looks like a very messy diaper!  Laurie Odegaard inspected quite closely on this one!
Then my mom and Carmen Stucky decided they would collaborate and try to figure some of them out.
I did pretty well... just wish I didn't second guess myself or I would have been almost perfect!  
Dayna seemed stumped here, and I'm not sure exactly what Danelle was thinking, other than maybe we were all just a bit crazy!
Terri Nicholas holding her son Luke, and Paula Hochstatter doing their inspecting.
Natalie Skaug won that game.  We realized she must really like her candy bars, and hasn't been around many diapers to be grossed out by the thought of inspecting them closely!
Then on to the presents!  I only posted a few of them on here, but I got LOTS of good things for the little guy.  We were a little worried I wouldn't be able to pack it all well enough to get it back to Tennessee, but we managed.  Here is a little outfit with a "taggie" lion on the front.  The tags are good for textures and boredom. :)
Thea thought the paper was pretty fun too.
This was the end result... AFTER we consolidated some.  See why we were worried about getting it all back to Tennessee on the airplane??
Like I said, the party was great, and thanks to everyone that came and/or helped out to make it happen!  And just for fun because I think it's a cute picture, even though it's not from the baby shower, here's Thea, who decided she wanted to be in her seat, only she didn't figure out how to turn around in it. :)  Isn't she cute?!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

omg i didn't even know you were pregnant again... judging from the boy things at the part i'm assuming your having a boy. congrats!

Rachel and Jason said...

Haha... yes I'm pregnant... but not AGAI... this is the first! Yes he's a boy, and the other little ones on my blog are my nieces and nephews. :)

Unknown said...

my bad... for some reason i thought you already had a kid. well congrats...kids are crazy but awesome!

Debbie said...

Really cute smile, Thea!