Friday, July 3, 2009

The new ride!

Earlier this week, my air conditioning went out in the car.  I drove around for a day like that, it was hot and miserable with how much I have to be in the car.  I thought maybe it was the freon, but alas, it was not, and it turned out to be something electrical.  Considering how much money we've had to put into that darn car in the recent months and year, we decided we would just trade it in and get what we've been eyeing for a month.  Luckily, the used car salesman didn't even get into the car when he told us the trade in value he would give us, so he doesn't know the air conditioning doesn't work. :)
Anyway, here is my new ride.  It's a 2006 Chevy Trailblazer with lots of bells and whistles.  We talked him down (well, Jason did) to the price range that we wanted, and drove it off the lot yesterday afternoon.  It's also a 4 wheel drive, so now I don't have to speed up our driveway anymore, and the winter won't be something to worry about getting up the driveway either.
Here's the inside.  Note the radio controls on the steering wheel.  I'm pretty excited about that!  You'd never really know it's a used vehicle because it's in REALLY good shape.  We're pretty pleased with it, and fight over who gets to drive it when we go places together. :)
Lastly, here's a picture of Taco, since I haven't really posted any lately.  He looks kind of tired in this picture, but he blinked every time the flash went off.  He has lately decided that he likes sleeping right up next to my belly (aka the baby), which I think is pretty cute.  He'll also rest his head on my belly too... like he knows something is in there and he's going to protect it.  I'm excited to see how he reacts when the baby finally comes!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Congratulations on the "new arrival" -- looks good!Be careful with how proud you get of it -- that's about when someone will crunch it at a stoplight ...

Ben, Kelli, Nicholas and Eli said...

So, you bought my Stratus from me, then the Trailblazer like we did...any recommendations on what our next vehicle should be since you will likely get the same thing a few years after us? Haha...ok, I just had to say something! Glad you are liking the "new ride!" Plus it will be much easier to put the baby seat in there. If it is like our 05 you can't use the latch in the middle seat and the seatbelt didn't hold the seat even for us, so I had to put the bucket on the passenger side. Just an FYI!

Rachel and Jason said...

Haha Kelli... um, how about a full extended cab Silverado for Jason?! Just kidding. We weren't planning to get a Trailblazer, this one just happened to pop up. ;) I was wanting a Toyota Sequoia eventually, but we would have had to wait quite a bit longer for one of those that we could afford!