Saturday, August 15, 2009

Other Adventures

Amidst all these baby updates, I thought I would give a little rundown of some of the things Jason has been able to do.  Mostly he's been working A LOT at Aldi (a small grocery store) and Bass Pro as well, but he's had moments off that he's been able to enjoy.  We live pretty close to the Caney Fork River, which is known for its trout fishing, so Jason often goes down there for a few hours.  Several weeks ago, here was his catch.  The biggest one isn't a trout, but I can't remember what he said it was... it had teeth, that's all I remember!
Jason has also gotten several toys in order to keep our land from overgrowing us!  He got a weedeater, a riding lawn mower (no picture of that, but it was used)...
... and a chainsaw.  Jason's grandparents have 40 acres, and decided to get their woods thinned, so the loggers came out and took quite a few trees, leaving the tops that were too small for them to keep.  Jason decided to take this opportunity to cut up some of the tops in order to have firewood this winter, since we're planning to solely use our wood stove to heat the house.  Jason and Josh had some good brother bonding time haha.
This doesn't look like the brightest idea, but you can tell they were trying to pull some limb from somewhere... I believe Josh almost fell during this episode.
Jason eventually let Josh have a try at the chainsaw.
We (me, Shannon, Garrett, Gavin, Mammer, and Papa Wayne) watched from their porch... a good safe distance and in the shade!  Garrett seemed pretty interested in it, as you can see here.  Eventually he went down with the boys and attempted to assist them in any way he knew how; mostly by telling them which limb they should chop next.
Here's a couple more random pictures.  Jason was trying to lift this huge piece of wood...
... yeah, this is the same piece of wood he was trying to lift.  I think it needs a bit more chopping!
So there ya go... Jason has gotten to do some manly things while I've been nesting and nesting and nesting some more!  I will soon have pictures of the baby's room completely finished... well, all except a few things that will go on the walls.  Right now, the walls seem pretty bare!

No comments: