I think this was later in the evening of day one, or else it was day two, but still at the hospital. The hospital gave us the blanket he's in.
This was Ruston's bed most of the time he was in the hospital. He was a huge fan of sleeping this way in the Boppy at the end of my bed where I could still get to him without having to get up.
Eyes open... both this time. :)
More eyes open. His eyes are a very DARK blue, but they may lighten up a little bit.
Jason's cousin made this diaper cake for Ruston.
Gramma Termera and Uncle Jacob came to visit at the hospital too.
Uncle Jacob was all about holding Ruston and singing to him. He didn't want to give him back lol.
Ruston dressed in his first outfit (a bit big on him) and holding his pacifier already. :)
The first experience in the carseat... he was not a happy camper, so I ended up taking him out, feeding him, and trying again before we left. Once we were in the car, he passed out and was good on the way home... good thing because it's a 40 minute drive home!
Eyes open and very alert. Ruston gets into a zone when awake and just stares and takes everything in.
The way he prefers to sleep... on his stomach, on my chest... with a little scrunched up face haha. He also really likes to sleep with his hands up by his face.
Proud proud dadddy talking to Ruston while he was awake the other night. Jason has been SOOO good with Ruston it's amazing. I don't think he ever realized how much he could love a little guy like that... although he did go hunting the day Ruston came home from the hospital (on our land, and got 2 deer within 45 minutes with a bow), he has passed up several other opportunities to hunt because he wants to be around Ruston... WAY cute. :)
And this is today... he's kind of smirking in this picture. He smiles quite a bit while he's sleeping, and some of them are HUGE smiles. :) Jason's also amazed at all the faces Ruston makes while he's sleeping... and you can just watch Jason melt whenever he's looking at Ruston.
And yes, it's all about him. :) There we go, these should be able to hold over the cousins and everyone requesting pictures for a bit longer.
4 comments:
This note is from Danelle:
I got a little card for baby Ruston. We like the pictures of you. We hope to meet you soon. I want to hold you (a little shy face).
I got a violin and that is all.
Love, Your Cousin, Danelle.
What an adorable baby. Wow. He is so cute! Congrats! Jacob slept in his boppy until he could roll over! It was the only way he would sleep. Boppys are an amazing thing.
Maybe that boppy sleeping idea is the way to have him sleep on his back ... looks plenty cozy there. Fun pictures!
(from Grammie Debbie, apparently I'm signed in on GrGrammie's ID)
I tried the Boppy thing the other night in his crib, and he still would wake up as soon as I would leave the room. I'm gonna keep trying, and hopefully one night he'll catch on! ;)
Post a Comment