Thursday, January 21, 2010

Pneumonia

Make sure you check the other post I posted today too...
One of the many things that happened since Christmas is that Ruston got pneumonia... yes, I feel like we have spent our fair share of time and money at the hospital!!!  The doctors first said it was croup, then he didn't get better, so I took him back and they gave him breathing treatments (seen below), which still didn't seem to be kicking it quick enough, so I took him back AGAIN (to the ER this time because everything else was closed), and they said he had the early stages of pneumonia.  I had that mommy feeling that that was probably what he had from day one... just glad I was persistent, even if it was a hassle!!
So here he is getting a breathing treatment.  He cried (or rather screamed) through most of them, but there were a couple he was happy through, and one in the hospital that he slept through!
This is the little station I made next to my recliner for him... the cool mist humidifier and the nebulizer for his treatments.  I thought it was pretty neat that the doctor's office gave us a panda bear nebulizer... much better than a boring one for adults. :)
One more picture of his treatments.  He had to get them 4 times a day for awhile, and then we can give them to him still as we feel he needs them, although I haven't given him one since his follow-up appointment when they told me we didn't have to do them all the time anymore.
He's a much happier baby now that he's healthy again.  We're really hoping 2010 will have little or no trips to the hospital!!!

1 comment:

Jon and Amy Duvall said...

How scary!! And, a relief at the same time. Finally finding out what was wrong. Such a small little man, it breaks your heart to see him in pain, and frustrating. Glad to hear he's getting better!