Monday, February 15, 2010

Too much snow!

Well I started this post a few days ago and am finally getting around to finishing it!  
We've had a nasty winter here this year, at least for a southern winter.  We had a couple of good sized storms, and one of them put a good 4-6 inches of snow on the ground, topped off with a nice sheet of ice.  Below you can see our yard...
... and the car.
Jason decided it would be fun to go sledding, but we didn't have a sled, so he managed to find a boogie board in the shed left by the previous owners.  It worked pretty well.
All Tucker wanted to do was tackle Jason the entire time he was sledding.


I decided I needed to take Ruston out to see the snow, so I bundled him up in this little snow suit... and as soon as we got outside, he fell asleep!  So much for SEEING the snow, but at least I have evidence that he was out in it.  :)
Just because I thought it was cute... I laid him down on the couch and he slept like this for a good 40 minutes or so longer.  The outfit was a bit big, but he seemed to like it. :)
The second ugly snow was the worst.  I ended up getting my car stuck on the way UP the driveway... yes, even in 4WD.  The ice cover made me slide over the side into a deep ditch... which you can see in the second picture.
I also got high centered.  So Jason pulled me out backwards with his vehicle, and I ended up denting my back bumper by running it into his vehicle, although it didn't do any damage to his.  Could have been MUCH worse...
Then that night, Jason was attempting to sell the 4 wheeler because 1. we weren't using it, 2. it needed some money put into it, and 3. we didn't feel like taking the time/energy/money to figure out exactly what it needed in order to work consistently.  Anyway, while trying to get down the driveway, he managed to get his vehicle stuck too... but his required the tow truck to get him out! :)  Yes, the tow truck came up the driveway and everything.  Luckily the insurance covered that... and we didn't feel too bad because the tow truck driver said we weren't the only ones to get stuck in the driveway, and our driveway is MUCH worse than most!
Anyway, we're ready for the spring to get here!!!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Lol ok so I know it wasn't done in same
way but Jason likes to dent up people
bumpers lol and nothing to his front end!!!!

Debbie said...

Well, it is pretty to look at as long as the sun is shining on it and you don't have to drive anywhere...