Saturday, February 27, 2010

5 Months Already!!

I know I'm a couple of days behind, but I did TAKE the picture on the 25th!  Ruston is already 5 months old... so exciting but so sad that he's growing so fast!  Look at that belly peaking out of his shirt too!  By the way, that's a 6-9 month outfit too... although clothes depend on the brand.  He can still wear some 3-6 month clothes (although not many), and fits well in most 6-9 month clothes, although a few brands seem to be big on him for 6-9 month stuff.  Either way, he's growing quickly!
A few things he enjoys doing these days:
-sitting up like a champ
-reaching and grabbing for EVERYTHING (toys, remote, computer, cell phone, etc)
-sitting in his high chair (no more bumbo seat, his legs are too chunky)
-drool drool and more drool
-talk and babble and squeal with delite
-laugh... and sometimes he'll just start laughing for no reason
-reaching for faces... he's learning about teeth and lips apparently
-cuddling with mommy and daddy

He's now just about 20 pounds, and we bought a new carseat yesterday since the one we currently have only goes to 22 pounds... his new one will grow with him up to 80 pounds, and I was excited to get it at Walmart for $70, marked down from $140.  It's a Safety 1st brand, and I think they're just discontinuing it in the store, so I got a great deal!  I'm thinking Jason might have to go back there today and get one for his vehicle too... two for the price of one!

2 comments:

Dayna said...

Does the harness go to 80#, or only 40, but the seat to 80... There is a difference, and both your niece and your nephew have outgrown their carseats due to the weight limit on the harness... (just saying, before you get 2 of them). If the harness goes to 80, you are probably okay (since Ruston is especially tall, right?)

Dayna said...

meant, "isn't" especially tall...