Friday, July 18, 2008

Hawaii Part 1

I've decided that I'm going to to Hawaii in parts because I took over 200 pictures in a week!!  That's what digital cameras will do... SO, I don't know how long it will take me to post everything I want to post about Hawaii, but it will be in parts.  Here it goes, and these are in no particular order, just whatever strikes me that moment.
When we first got to Hawaii, we were too early to check in to our hotel, so we dropped our bags off with them, and headed to find a place to eat.  My friend, Erica, said this place was great, so we went.
Jason agreed, Cheeseburger in Paradise is a GREAT place to eat.  Here's the size of Jason's "Royal Ali'i Cheeseburger".  It has hamburger, cheese, bacon, and egg on it... and no, that picture is not a size exaggeration.  We ended up going there all but 2 days of our trip.
Here's a few pictures of the beach closest to our hotel.  I was trying to get the sunset, but clouds don't move in Hawaii.  Once they decide where they want to stop, they stop and rain themselves out there, so getting a good sunset didn't happen the first few days.
Just a random picture of us.
More "sunset".
This is Diamond Head.  We were going to hike up it, but decided we didn't want to exert ourselves that much on vacation, so we just admired it from afar.
This is our hotel, the Queen Kapiolani.  We were on the 6th floor.
This is how close our hotel was from the beach... it's kind of hard to tell, but the beach is just at the end of that road... about a block away.  VERY convenient location, which helped us save money by not getting a hotel right on the beach.  I will say the hotel was a little outdated and could use some renovation, but we didn't need the hotel all that much. ;)  The elevators took FOREVER too.
This is what the door to our room looked like.  Every door had this on it, but I thought it was interesting.
Here's one last picture for right now of the sunset from the first day.  Some of the pictures I took could definitely be post cards, in color or in black and white.

No comments: