Saturday, May 30, 2009

Just to let you know...

We are a little bit MIA right now due to not having internet up at the house yet.  The only time we can get online is at work, at our rental house still, or anywhere else that has wireless internet for free. :)
We have slept in the house for a couple of nights now... after a rough night of getting some things moved, which included english muffins rolling down the hilly driveway, a refrigerator falling on its side (luckily not the one for the kitchen), and a crunched back quarter panel of Jason's pickup--oops.  Oh well, those are the battle wounds of moving.  I'll get more in-depth about those things later, but now I should get back to packing more stuff here at the rental.
Oh yeah, and I found a blue-tailed skink in our living room this morning. :)

5 comments:

Debbie said...

1. Next time move in the daylight.
2. I need you to post a pic of a SKINK ... and who told you that is what it was??

Dayna said...

I am not sure which I'd be less happy about--the skink or the crunched quarter panel. (I did hear about the wife yelling as the english muffins rolled down the driveway, and the sight of that in my mind made me laugh lol!).

Anonymous said...

How large is a skink? Lori

Rachel and Jason said...

A skink (or at least this one) is about 4 inches head to end of tail... not very big. They're pretty much just a member of the lizard family.

Debbie said...

The reason I asked about it was because when I Googled to see what one even was (I assumed Jason told you what it was, so they must be common there) the page that came up said "Distribution: Eastern Indonesia, New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Micronesia, Vanuatu and Fiji." Last I checked, Tennessee isn't very close to those places. Someone must have imported a few and let them go ...