Thursday, May 29, 2008

DO NOT CALL

I just registered myself on the National Do Not Call registry.  I got 2 phone calls from this number 866-280-4252 while I was at work today.  I can't answer my phone while at work, but no messages were left, and it really bothered me, so when I got home, I googled it and found a discussion board about this number.  Definitely a piece of crud telemarketing company that got the info from some company selling the info to them.  Somewhere in that discussion board the National Do Not Call registry was mentioned, and the phone number was listed... so I called it and added myself to it because there's nothing that annoys me more than getting stupid phone calls on my cell phone!  If anyone wants to put themselves on that list too, here's the number: 888-382-1222.  It takes 31 days for it to go through, but after that, if you get a telemarketing call, you can file a complaint online (the recording on the phone number tells you the website) and that company can get in trouble. :)  Just a nice tidbit of information for you.

No comments: