Anyway, here are the stats:
Weight: 9 lbs, 3.5 ounces He gained an entire pound in the last two weeks!
Length: 21.25 inches He also grew an inch in the last two weeks!
Head: 14.5 inches I didn't have any previous head measurement, but everything seems fine.
The doctor was VERY impressed with how quickly Ruston is growing... she asked me what I was feeding him, and stated "whatever it is, it's working." I told her I was breastfeeding, and she was impressed that I wasn't even supplementing with anything else and he was still growing that fast. I guess I just know how to grow them! Ruston's like a weed, and a stinky one with all the diapers he goes through!
3 comments:
Maybe you can educate your pediatrician... Why wouldn't a baby grow on their most natural food? Silly doctor.
If you think diapers are stinky now, wait till he starts eating solids and protein! I actually find myself missing newborn poo sometimes ;-P
I agree with Dayna -- it's a little amazing that the doc is surprised that he's growing so well on "only" breatmilk. He's only 3 weeks old! Be prepared for the big "supplement" or "cereal" push by 3 or 4 months, then, just because that's apparently how it's done in that area of the country. But as Cassie said, once you add stuff the sticky gets worse! Resist it as long as possible!
Post a Comment