Monday, October 26, 2009

One Month Old!

Well, Ruston turned 1 month old yesterday.  I wasn't able to post yesterday because we had company and he was being a pill... but today works!
I am stealing Cassie Duchow's idea of taking a picture of Ruston next to something every month as he grows (she uses a penguin).  For lack of thinking and planning ahead, I had to search for something around the house until I can get something that will work better.  SO... I found this bear.  It was sent to me with a bouquet of flowers from Jason when he was in Iraq.  Eventually, I will get something else, but the bear works for now.

Ruston was getting tired of mom trying to get the PERFECT picture... the bear didn't seem to mind though.
My other bright idea was to use Taco as a reference, although this proved to be pretty difficult because Taco didn't want to just sit next to Ruston.  Here are my attempts... 1. Taco looks huge...
2.  Taco still looks somewhat huge, but it is more representative of their size.  We'll see what I can come up with for next month!
(Make sure you read the other two posts I made today.)

1 comment:

Cassie D said...

Imitation is the sincerist form of flattery! You should stick with the bear I think it works fine. Then you'll have the same critter from the beginning.

Erin & Jen have a blanket that has wide stripes and they have used that for monthly photos of both of the nephews. It's been fun to see how many more stripes they cover each month.

Oh, and Jack slept in his bouncy chair for the first month and a half or so. Whatever works to get a few goos 3 or 4 hour blocks of sleep.....