Saturday, July 24, 2010

Childproofing!!!

Since becoming more mobile, Ruston has enjoyed getting into A LOT more things as well. My oven drawer is RARELy closed anymore, and if it is, it usually gets opened onto my toe while I'm trying to cook.
It's also difficult to cook when, not only the drawer is open, but there is a high chair being shoved into the back of my legs... here he is demonstrating how he does this.
Getting into cabinets is always fun. I'm not quite sure what he was planning to do with the wax paper, but this is one of his favorite cabinets.
Oh yes, and Ruston LOVES to climb... to anywhere he can get! The dishwasher is one of his favorites.
Yes, shortly after this picture was taken, he did fall backwards. Didn't seem to hurt him though.
The first casualty of the war on childproofing! My bread pan given to me be Kelli. Ruston pulled it out of the cabinet and dropped it on his toe. Did he cry? No... I almost did though!
SO... we now have those obnoxious little childproofers on the cabinets. And here is Ruston learning how these things work.
Now he just pulls on them constantly and slams the doors back shut... noise is always fun when you're a boy!
Just a random mischievous face for you!

I'm not going to lie though, although Ruston is a handful, he is a joy to have. We love watching him learn so much while he's getting into everything!

3 comments:

Cassie D said...

Seeing as your boy looks as devious as mine I will reccomend to you the Tot-lok.

www.amazon.com/Tot-Lok-9-Piece-Loc-Assembly/dp/B00068O28M

It is a magnetic child lock. You cannot open the cabinets at all without the magnet/key. You can't even get that 1 inch gap like with the plastic ones you have. Not only are they good at keeping kids out but they also are pretty good for slowing down adults.

They are on the pricey side so I just put the tot-loks on cabinets I really don't want him in like under the sink. Cabinets I just want to slow him down on (like the pyrex/glass and cast iron) I use the plastic ones. Thing he can't hurt like plastic/tupperware, metal bowls, pots and pans etc. I never even bothered to lock up and they are some of his favorite toys.

Shane Hall said...

Just wait till he gets it figured out that he can pull and push two cabinet doors in and out at once.

Let's just say boys haven no monopoly on the enjoyment of noise.

Rachel and Jason said...

Shane-- he knows how to do that... and does it often!!
Cassie-- I will have to look in to those!!