Saturday, July 3, 2010

Memorial Day, Part 2

On our way home from the Smokies, we stopped at the Knoxville Zoo for Ruston's first zoo experience. We saw penguins... I don't know why I always love the penguins so much, but I do.
And we saw camels. They had camel rides (which we did not take part in), and the baby camels were out in front to pet if you wanted. This particular baby decided to give Ruston the up close and personal.
I'm not really sure what Ruston thought, but he was definitely curious, as you can tell by his face! Haha
We saw GIANT lions... the male was laying down, so we settled for a good picture of this female. The picture really doesn't do it justice... her paws were HUGE.
White rhinos. They were also huge.
I sense a theme... this was a HUGE bird... a condor. Once again, the picture just doesn't do it justice.
Same with these tortoises. I thought it was funny that they just put posts in the ground as a fence since they can't get their shells through that.

Ruston also slept through part of the zoo lol. You can tell he was definitely enjoying it! :)
We stopped to eat, and between every bite Ruston would make this face. He does make a good fishy!!!
We had a good little weekend together as a family, and Ruston's first experience sleeping overnight away from home. He is a BED HOG!!

No comments: