Saturday, July 24, 2010

Happy 4th of July!

We had a pretty laid back fourth of July... as in, almost nonexistent. I was on-call for work, so I wasn't allowed to go anywhere. Plus, there was only one fireworks show even remotely in the area, and the thought of driving almost an hour each direction with Ruston at night time wasn't very appealing. SO, we stayed home and watched the Boston Pops and whatnot, and then watched the DC fireworks and New York fireworks on tv. Ruston will never know what he missed his first 4th of July. :)
We did get festive in our outfits though. See? Ruston's pants have little flags on them. Yes, he's making a mess... AGAIN.
And he knows it.
I was looking through all my pictures and realized I don't have many of Ruston and me together, so I decided to try to fix that. Unfortunately, it's very difficult to take a picture by myself while wrestling Ruston to look at the camera. Here are the good ones...
Of course I look good in the one below, and he's not paying attention!
The one below is my favorite, I think.
Ruston can often be found with a cup, container, or basket of some sort. He likes to act like he's drinking out of them. Smart kid.

And lastly, right before Ruston went to bed, he had some time with daddy... BUT Ruston was trying to squirm away in this picture. :) Why can't kids just cooperate???

No comments: