Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Ruston's first...

Well, on Sunday morning I was all sorts of excited because not only did Ruston turn 1 month old, but he decided to smile at me for real that day too.  I tried and tried and tried to get a picture of it, but this was the best I could do.  I think Ruston was less than impressed lol.
Then today, I took Ruston to the doctor because he was screaming his head off last night while attempting to nurse.  Nursing is supposed to be soothing, and it definitely was NOT.  I was thinking acid reflux issues (which I still think has some play in it), but we also found out that Ruston has his first ear infection. :(  No wonder he was screaming!  Here's my poor little man in the car seat when we got back from the doctor... he slept in the carseat from the time we left the doctor's office, while waiting and getting the prescriptions at Walgreen's, and then the entire drive home for a total of close to 2 hours (that's a long time for him).
Since we got home, we've been cuddling and I've been trying to soothe Ruston as much as possible... poor kid.  He finally fell asleep again... so passed out that the pacifier was out. :)
I feel like we live at the doctor's office, since we went there Friday, and then were there again today.  Crazy thing is, he was 9.6 pounds on Friday, and today he was 10.2 pounds... growing growing growing!!!

1 comment:

Nichole Gaertner said...

Oh poor little man! I'm sorry Rachel. I don't think I would even know what to do. I'm kind of naive sometimes and wouldn't have thought to call the doctor. Kudo's for being on top of that! Isn't it incredible how sometimes babies hit their huge developmental marks on their "birthdays"! It's like a switch is turned on on that day!
Love Nichole
ps. he sure is a cutie pie!